« All Events
LibreOffice Writer as Microsoft Word Alternative
May 17, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Discover the powerful LibreOffice Writer that has given back the control to the user, who can now focus on their document writing skills. With an array of features that can help you be more productive and efficient in creating wonderful and professional looking document.
- LibreOffice Writer as an alternative will prove to be an important choice for more and more users making this course to be a must have for local SME business owners.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Writer has all the features you need from a modern, full-featured word processing and desktop publishing tool. It’s simple enough for a quick memo, but powerful enough to create complete books with contents, diagrams, indexes and more.
- Produce documents that look better than ever when they’re made with LibreOffice Writer. You can choose and apply fonts that are on your computer, and set and customize styles for virtually every part of your document. With the AutoCorrect dictionary you can trap typos and spelling mistakes on the fly. The AutoCorrect dictionary checks your spelling as you type. If you need to use different languages in your document, Writer can handle that too.
- Utilized wizards and take all the hassle out of producing standard documents such as letters, faxes, agendas and minutes, and make short work of more complex tasks such as mail merges. Type more efficiently with AutoComplete, which can suggest commonly-used words and phrases to complete what you started typing, using the built-in dictionary and by scanning the documents you open. Document templates are shipped by default – there’s no need to create complex documents, because we’ve built them in for you!